Happy Days Cast and CBS Settle Royalties Lawsuit
11:00 am, July 8th, 2012
It’s happier days for a few “Happy Days” cast members who filed a lawsuit against CBS for royalties they felt they were owed from merchandising and licensing from the once popular TV show.
CBS reached an out-of-court settlement with Erin Moran (Joanie), Anson Williams (Potsie), Donny Most (Ralph) Marion Ross (Marion), and Patricia Bosley, the widow of Tom Bosley (Howard), who sued the network in April for using their images in merchandising.
While they initially sought millions, Gossip Cop is told each of them got approximately $65,000, and will receive future royalties.
Henry Winkler (Fonzie) and Ron Howard (Richie) were not part of the lawsuit.
An attorney for the actors said in a statement: “The terms of the settlement are confidential, but we are satisfied with the outcome. We will continue to receive all of the merchandising royalties promised to us in our contracts.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Selena Wouldn't Stalk Justin's Dates Online