Arrests and injuries mar Hanson and Drake Concert
10:43 am, June 16th, 2010
According to police, about 10,000 people were expected for the concert but nearly 20,000 came, leading to everything becoming out of control.
After people rushed the stage, threw bottles and started climbing buildings, the event was called off.
Police were called to help disperse the crowd, and two attendees were arrested for minor offenses and six suffered minor injuries.
Paper Magazine, the event’s organizer, admitted on its website that more people showed up than the venue, South Street Seaport’s Pier 17, “could accommodate.”
“Though we hated to disappoint everyone,” the mag said canceling “was the right call given the circumstances.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related