Arrests and injuries mar Hanson and Drake Concert
10:43 am, June 16th, 2010
According to police, about 10,000 people were expected for the concert but nearly 20,000 came, leading to everything becoming out of control.
After people rushed the stage, threw bottles and started climbing buildings, the event was called off.
Police were called to help disperse the crowd, and two attendees were arrested for minor offenses and six suffered minor injuries.
Paper Magazine, the event’s organizer, admitted on its website that more people showed up than the venue, South Street Seaport’s Pier 17, “could accommodate.”
“Though we hated to disappoint everyone,” the mag said canceling “was the right call given the circumstances.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted