Hansel & Gretel Tops Weekend Box Office
9:29 am, January 27th, 2013BOX OFFICE
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters is on pace to top a slow weekend at the box office, with the updated Brothers Grimm fairy tale-turned-action movie debuting to approximately $18 million.
Horror flick Mama should take second place with $13 million or so.
Silver Linings Playbook and Zero Dark Thirty are in a tight race for the #3 spot, with both movies tracking toward about $9 million.
The new Jason Statham-Jennifer Lopez movie Parker will be fifth, opening to $7 million.
It looks like Django Unchained ($4.8 million) should hit #6, ahead of a pack of movies all projected to finish around $4 million — new comedy release Movie 43, and dramatic holdovers Les Miserables, Gangster Squad and Broken City.
What are you seeing this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin