WATCH: Ventriloquist Halie Hilburn Surprises With “Wild” Audition on “Idol”
8:50 pm, January 31st, 2013VIDEO
In what may be an “American Idol” first, Halie Hilburn auditioned with a puppet — and made it through to Hollywood.
As seen on Thursday’s show, the ventriloquist, who said she’s had her pal Oscar the dog since she was 9, took the judges by surprise with their duet.
“This is wild. What is this?” said Randy Jackson. ”I don’t understand how to vote. I’m a little confused.”
But once Hilburn ditched the sidekick, her voice really shined.
“I think Oscar’s holding you back,” Keith Urban told her afterward. “You can sing! I loved it!”
Mariah Carey commended Hilburn’s “beautiful” vocal but warned her, “I think you guys are going to have to sever the ties a little bit to pursue your career.”
In other words, expect to see Hilburn in Hollywood — sans her furry friend.
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted