Gwyneth Paltrow Trouble with Goop No Big Whoop
3:26 pm, December 18th, 2009
Could Gwyneth Paltrow‘s recent vacation land her in hot water?
What’s Paltrow’s alleged offense? Her recent praise of the La Mamounia Hotel in Marrakech, Morocco after a Thanksgiving visit. On her lifestyle site Goop, Paltrow wrote glowingly of the hotel’s luxurious features, including its gardens, designed interiors, spa treatments, and dining options.
The FTC published new guidelines last month under which a celebrity who endorses a product or service “has to disclose any ‘material connection’ to the provider,” including free merchandise and services in addition to cash payments. Since many high-profile guests like Paltrow and Jennifer Aniston are rumored to be given accommodations at places like La Mamounia in exchange for the publicity they attract, and since the new rules “specifically target new media like e-newsletters and websites” (Goop‘s two formats), DailyFinance.com speculates that Paltrow’s high praise could be subject to a high fine.
Gossip Cop suspected the reports were making a mountain out of a molehill. A representative for Paltrow dismissed the severity of the claims. “She always talks about places she has been and loves on Goop,” he told Gossip Cop, “This is no different.”
You might like:
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- Olivia Palermo's Best Fashion Moments
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- 50 Pics Of Hollywood's Most Adorable Couples
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Worst Hip Hop Artists Of All Time