Gwyneth Paltrow Trouble with Goop No Big Whoop
3:26 pm, December 18th, 2009
Could Gwyneth Paltrow‘s recent vacation land her in hot water?
What’s Paltrow’s alleged offense? Her recent praise of the La Mamounia Hotel in Marrakech, Morocco after a Thanksgiving visit. On her lifestyle site Goop, Paltrow wrote glowingly of the hotel’s luxurious features, including its gardens, designed interiors, spa treatments, and dining options.
The FTC published new guidelines last month under which a celebrity who endorses a product or service “has to disclose any ‘material connection’ to the provider,” including free merchandise and services in addition to cash payments. Since many high-profile guests like Paltrow and Jennifer Aniston are rumored to be given accommodations at places like La Mamounia in exchange for the publicity they attract, and since the new rules “specifically target new media like e-newsletters and websites” (Goop‘s two formats), DailyFinance.com speculates that Paltrow’s high praise could be subject to a high fine.
Gossip Cop suspected the reports were making a mountain out of a molehill. A representative for Paltrow dismissed the severity of the claims. “She always talks about places she has been and loves on Goop,” he told Gossip Cop, “This is no different.”
You might like:
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try