Gwyneth Paltrow N-Word Tweet Sparks Backlash — What Do You Think?
4:22 pm, June 4th, 2012PHOTO
Gwyneth Paltrow was blasted by critics after she used the N-word on Twitter over the weekend.
While “N***as in Paris” is, of course, the name of a hit song by the Jay-Z and West, some followers interpreted Paltrow’s tweet as racially offensive due to the fact that she added “for real” to the title, as though she were referring to the rappers themselves.
It’s also possible to read Paltrow’s tweet merely as her commenting on the “Paris” song being literally performed in Paris.
Either way, the backlash was massive and intense, leading Paltrow to clarify, “Hold up. It’s the title of the song!”
Check out the photo below.
What do you think about the controversy surrounding Paltrow’s tweet?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court