Gwyneth Paltrow Keeps Her Young Kids On Strict Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Diet
5:05 pm, March 13th, 2013
Gwyneth Paltrow keeps her kids on a strict low-carb, gluten-free diet, which she describes in her new cookbook “It’s All Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great.”
The actress says that she avoids giving her husband Chris Martin and their children — 8-year-old Apple and 6-year-old Moses — the pasta, bread, and rice that are staples in many family kitchens.
In her book, Paltrow writes, “Every single nutritionist, doctor and health-conscious person I have ever come across… seems to concur that (gluten) is tough on the system and many of us are at best intolerant of it and at worst allergic to it.”
The regimen is not always so easy on the children.
“Sometimes when my family is not eating pasta, bread or processed grains like white rice, we’re left with that specific hunger that comes with avoiding carbs,” reveals Paltrow.
The low-carb diet Paltrow espouses in “It’s All Good” has provoked a split reaction among nutritionists and commentators.
Some feel that Paltrow is setting a health-conscious example, while others believe that the diet Paltrow imposes on her children is too severe.
What do you think?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- The Plastic Surgery That Changed Lisa Kudrow's Life
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?