Gwyneth Paltrow Tells Friends To Boycott Vanity Fair: Report
1:45 pm, September 10th, 2013
Gwyneth Paltrow is allegedly feuding with Vanity Fair, and urging her fellow celebrity pals to boycott the 100-year-old magazine.
The New York Times printed a story on Sunday claiming some Hollywood stars and their publicists are upset that the magazine has toughened its coverage on Hollywood, citing recent pieces in the publication about the impact of Scientology on Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes’ marriage and Brad Pitt’s World War Z production disaster.
According to the paper, Vanity Fair was planning on publishing a similar type of story on Paltrow, which rankled the Oscar winner.
The actress is now reportedly refusing to deal with Vanity Fair, and has allegedly urged her star friends to do the same.
The Times claims that in May, Paltrow sent an email to her fellow celeb pals saying, “Vanity Fair is threatening to put me on the cover of their magazine. If you are asked for quotes or comments, please decline. Also, I recommend you all never do this magazine again.”
Vanity Fair’s editor Graydon Carter told the Times in a statement, “We wouldn’t be doing our job if there wasn’t a little bit of tension between Vanity Fair and its subjects. In any given week, I can expect to hear from a disgruntled subject in Hollywood, Washington, or on Wall Street. That’s the nature of the beast.”
Gossip Cop has reached out to a rep for Paltrow for comment on the story.
What do you think of Paltrow feuding with the mag?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Emma Watson's Most Fabulous Short Hair Styles
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Christian Bale & Woody Harrelson Share The Screen
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty