Gwen Stefani Slammed For Calling Herself “Chunky”
5:57 pm, February 4th, 2014PHOTO
Gwen Stefani has come under fire for body-shaming… herself?
Here’s what happened.
On Sunday, the performer tweeted a picture of herself getting an autograph from Sting when she was just another teenage fan back in the day (see right and below).
“Chunky me 1983. getting
@officialsting autograph backstage,” wrote Stefani, before linking to video of her band No Doubt playing the Super Bowl halftime show with Sting in 2003.
Twitter followers immediately criticized the singer for using the word “chunky” to describe herself, and media outlets also chimed in.
“Gwen Stefani’s Comments About Her ‘Chunky’ Body Make Us Sad,” read the headline of a Yahoo! piece, which went on to declare that if the now-buff Stefani “is still cringing over her perceived baby fat from when she was 14, well, that bums us out.”
What do you think?
Should Stefani be taken to task for calling her teenage self “chunky”?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet