Gwen Stefani Slammed For Calling Herself “Chunky”
5:57 pm, February 4th, 2014PHOTO
Gwen Stefani has come under fire for body-shaming… herself?
Here’s what happened.
On Sunday, the performer tweeted a picture of herself getting an autograph from Sting when she was just another teenage fan back in the day (see right and below).
“Chunky me 1983. getting
@officialsting autograph backstage,” wrote Stefani, before linking to video of her band No Doubt playing the Super Bowl halftime show with Sting in 2003.
Twitter followers immediately criticized the singer for using the word “chunky” to describe herself, and media outlets also chimed in.
“Gwen Stefani’s Comments About Her ‘Chunky’ Body Make Us Sad,” read the headline of a Yahoo! piece, which went on to declare that if the now-buff Stefani “is still cringing over her perceived baby fat from when she was 14, well, that bums us out.”
What do you think?
Should Stefani be taken to task for calling her teenage self “chunky”?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship