Guy Ritchie Calls Madonna Marriage a “Soap Opera”
5:51 pm, November 28th, 2011
In the December 2011 issue of Details magazine, the filmmaker talks about his high-profile nuptials to one of the most visible and controversial women in the world.
“I enjoyed my first marriage,” says Ritchie. “It’s definitely not something I regret.”
He continues, “The experience was ultimately very positive. I love the kids that came out of it, and I could see no other route to take. But you move on, don’t you?”
Richie and Madonna were married from 2000 to 2008 and have two children together.
“I stepped into a soap opera, and I lived in it for quite a long period of my life,” says Ritchie, adding, “I’ll probably be more eloquent on it 10 years from now.”
Asked what he learned from his time with Madonna, Ritchie tells Details, “When you end up with a lot of the things you set out to chase and find that you’ve stumbled into all sorts of hollow victories, then you become deeply philosophical. I’m quite happy that that experience was accelerated for me. I’m glad I made money, in other words. And I’m glad I got married.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank