Gucci Mane: I’m Addicted to Drinking “Lean” and “Ashamed” of My Behavior
2:26 pm, September 22nd, 2013
Gucci Mane took to Twitter on Sunday to apologize for his recent erratic behavior and admit that he’s been addicted to drinking “lean” — the infamous purple ‘sizzurp’ drink — for a decade.
The rapper’s latest arrest came earlier this month, when he allegedly threatened cops while carrying a gun and marijuana.
In a series of dramatic tweets on Sunday, Mane took responsibility for his pattern of bad behavior and explained its origins:
“Woke up the other day out this hospital bed & I’m so embarrassed & ashamed of my behavior that was brought to my attention. I just wanna man up right now & take this time to apologize to my family, friends, the industry & most of all my fans. I’m SORRY!
I’ve been drinking lean for 10plus years & I must admit it has destroyed me. I wanna be the first rapper to admit I’m addicted to lean & that sh*t ain’t no joke. I can barely remember all the things I’ve done & said. However there’s no excuse.
I’m currently incarcerated but I will be going to rehab because I need help. I wanna thank everyone that has stood by me during this difficult time. Please keep me in your prayers. I wanna personally apologize to birdman ross & drake. Dem my n*ggas. I 100% regret my words & actions.”
There you have it.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted