GQ Australia Apologizes For Taylor Lautner Gay Pass Question
12:44 pm, October 21st, 2011
GQ Australia has apologized for a recent Taylor Lautner interview in which the magazine asked whether two gay Hollywood figures had hit on the actor during a recent dinner.
“No, definitely not,” replied Lautner. “I think they know I’m straight. But they’re great guys. They’re a lot of fun.”
On his blog, Black took GQ to task for implying that he and Van Sant would prey on Lautner because of their sexuality, writing, “Above and beyond this clear attack on my character, I’m shocked that GQ would allow their writer to lean on the scurrilous, outdated stereotype that gay men are by nature sexual predators.”
Now, the magazine has issued an apology on its Facebook page.
“We’ve seen some of the comments floating around regarding our recent interview with Taylor Lautner and apologise if anyone was offended by anything in the article,” reads the note.
GQ continues, “It certainly wasn’t our intention to paint anyone in the story as a sexual predator. The point we were actually trying to push was that Taylor is irresistible to virtually everyone – regardless of sexuality or gender.”
What do you think of the magazine’s statement?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In
- Paul Walker's Incredible Act Of Kindness
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- The Plastic Surgery That Changed Lisa Kudrow's Life
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years