Gossip Cop Busts OK! Mag for Deceiving Robsten Cover Mess
3:46 pm, October 14th, 2009
We’re not really sure who OK! magazine thinks they’re fooling with this week’s absurd “‘Twilight’ exclusive” about Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart‘s “love nest.” But they’re not fooling real fans, and they’re not fooling Gossip Cop.
Let’s look at the cover.
“Inside Our Home” is the main cover line beneath a photo of the pair. It even allegedly quotes them: “We’re already like a married couple.” But that’s not all. Under the headline, it boasts, “Exclusive photos of our apartment … How we spend our private time … intimate details about our life at home …”
The implication is plain: that OK! interviewed Pattinson and Stewart. Pure and simple. The mag gives the impression they spoke with the two stars.
Now look at the article itself, which reads as a romance even Stephenie Meyer couldn’t conjure. There’s talk of Rob and Kristen cuddling, reading poetry, singing by the fireplace, luxuriating in Jacuzzis, and even microwaving Hot Pockets.
Gossip Cop wants to know how OK! knows these intimate details. They didn’t speak with Pattinson or Stewart, though they tried to give that impression.
And we called them on it. Literally.
We left messages with the author of the story and a rep for the magazine. Neither has given us a comment.
We’re still waiting. But we’re not holding our breath.
If you’d like to keep us company while we wait … and wait … follow us on Twitter – @GossipCop!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents