Author Gore Vidal Dies at 86
7:03 pm, July 31st, 2012
Media legend Gore Vidal died on Tuesday at age 86, his family announced.
He passed away at his Los Angeles home from complications from pneumonia, according to his nephew, Burr Steers.
Steers tells the Associated Press that Vidal was living alone and was sick for “quite a while.”
The essayist, playwright and screenwriter was known for a prolific amount of work, including the TV film Billy the Kid.
Vidal’s play, The Best Man, is currently on Broadway, starring James Earl Jones and John Larroquette.
Vidal was also known for his political commentaries, and novels such as Myra Breckinridge.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- Paul Walker's Incredible Act Of Kindness
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Niall Horan Gets Dream Date With Katy Perry?
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?