Golden Globes Menu Includes Gold-Flecked Dessert
4:12 pm, January 14th, 2012
Host Ricky Gervais won’t be lacking for examples of Hollywood grandiosity to target at Sunday night’s Golden Globes.
He just needs to look at the table.
The Beverly Hills Hilton has prepared a decadent menu for the awards ceremony’s 1,300 guests, including pastry chef Thomas Henzi’s pudding – sprinkled with $135-per-gram gold flakes.
Henzi and executive chef Suki Sugiura unveiled their three-course meal earlier this week, explaining that the theme is “global food harmony.”
On the big night, Hollywood will be feasting on courses including pistachio-crusted pistou ravioli, Pacific sea bass and braised short rib.
But the item that’s drawn the most attention is the dessert: chocolate almond terrine, garnished with acacia honey, caramel and fresh berries, on a lemon hazelnut crunch base and finished with the edible gold.
Henzi explains, “There is gold dust on there for the Golden Globes.”
We understood that part, and we have to say: It looks pretty good.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles