Golden Globes Menu Includes Gold-Flecked Dessert
4:12 pm, January 14th, 2012
Host Ricky Gervais won’t be lacking for examples of Hollywood grandiosity to target at Sunday night’s Golden Globes.
He just needs to look at the table.
The Beverly Hills Hilton has prepared a decadent menu for the awards ceremony’s 1,300 guests, including pastry chef Thomas Henzi’s pudding – sprinkled with $135-per-gram gold flakes.
Henzi and executive chef Suki Sugiura unveiled their three-course meal earlier this week, explaining that the theme is “global food harmony.”
On the big night, Hollywood will be feasting on courses including pistachio-crusted pistou ravioli, Pacific sea bass and braised short rib.
But the item that’s drawn the most attention is the dessert: chocolate almond terrine, garnished with acacia honey, caramel and fresh berries, on a lemon hazelnut crunch base and finished with the edible gold.
Henzi explains, “There is gold dust on there for the Golden Globes.”
We understood that part, and we have to say: It looks pretty good.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting