Golden Globes Menu Includes Gold-Flecked Dessert
4:12 pm, January 14th, 2012
Host Ricky Gervais won’t be lacking for examples of Hollywood grandiosity to target at Sunday night’s Golden Globes.
He just needs to look at the table.
The Beverly Hills Hilton has prepared a decadent menu for the awards ceremony’s 1,300 guests, including pastry chef Thomas Henzi’s pudding – sprinkled with $135-per-gram gold flakes.
Henzi and executive chef Suki Sugiura unveiled their three-course meal earlier this week, explaining that the theme is “global food harmony.”
On the big night, Hollywood will be feasting on courses including pistachio-crusted pistou ravioli, Pacific sea bass and braised short rib.
But the item that’s drawn the most attention is the dessert: chocolate almond terrine, garnished with acacia honey, caramel and fresh berries, on a lemon hazelnut crunch base and finished with the edible gold.
Henzi explains, “There is gold dust on there for the Golden Globes.”
We understood that part, and we have to say: It looks pretty good.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court