“Titanic” Star Gloria Stewart Dead at 100
1:07 pm, September 27th, 2010
Gloria Stuart, best known for playing the elder Rose in Titanic, died yesterday. She was 100.
The cause of death remains unclear, though she was diagnosed with lung cancer five years ago.
Stuart first rose to fame in the 1930s, appearing in films such as The Invisible Man, Poor Little Rich Girl, and Here Comes The Navy.
Her work in “Titanic” led to an Oscar nomination, making her the oldest person to ever be nominated. She was 87 when the film hit theaters in 1997.
Her memoir, “I Just Kept Hoping,” was released in 1999. A year later, she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
She celebrated her 100th birthday on July 4.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court