Glee’s Finn Hudson Farewell Episode to Reflect Cory Monteith Drug Death
3:40 pm, August 1st, 2013
“Glee” will pay tribute to Cory Monteith with its new season’s third episode, which will write his character Finn Hudson off the show and “deal directly with the drug abuse” that ended Monteith’s life.
Speaking with reporters at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Thursday, FOX president Kevin Reilly revealed that the October 10 broadcast will be accompanied by public service announcements featuring series creator Ryan Murphy and members of the cast.
While the Hudson character’s story will be brought to an end and reflect Monteith’s substance use, Reilly would not say that the show would necessarily kill Hudson with a drug overdose.
The episode may use never-before-seen footage of Monteith, but Reilly could not confirm.
Proceeds from the music used in the episode will be directed to a fund set up in the late actor’s honor.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress