WATCH: Glee References Britney Spears’ Meltdown — Mean or Fair Game?
1:10 pm, September 21st, 2012VIDEO
In the episode, after Brittany S. Pierce (played by Heather Morris) is cut from the cheerleading squad and held back a year in school, she channels Spears’ infamous 2008 meltdown.
Morris’ character almost shaves her head and threatens a school reporter with an umbrella — as Spears notoriously did during her highly publicized breakdown.
She also gives a terrible rendition of “Gimme More” while eating Cheetos, which is an allusion to Spears’ 2007 MTV Video Music Awards performance that drew less than rave reviews.
Check out the video below, courtesy of tooFab.
Tell us: Do you think the episode was too mean — especially considering that Spears appeared on the show in the past — or it is fair game to reference the singer’s meltdown now that she’s doing well again?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 14 Broken Hollywood Engagements
- Paris Hilton Tweets Nasty Article Bashing Kim Kardashian
- Porsha Williams Hits The Club After Posting Bail
- Cold Feet? Brandy Ditches Her Fiance
- Kelly Rowland's Intimate Wedding Details: Beyonce's Not Invited!
- Celebrities You Never Knew Were Cheerleaders
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014