Gia Allemand Suicide By Hanging: The Bachelor Star Found By Boyfriend
4:43 pm, August 14th, 2013
FULL STATEMENT BELOW
“The Bachelor” star was found by her boyfriend, NBA player Ryan Anderson, at her residence in New Orleans on Monday night.
She was rushed to a hospital in critical condition and placed on life support, which was removed on Wednesday.
Her death has sent shockwaves through “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette” community.
A rep for Allemand released the following statement:
“While in her residency in New Orleans on Monday night, Ms. Allemand was found by her boyfriend, NBA Basketball Player Ryan Anderson, following an apparent suicide attempt.
Mr. Anderson contacted 911 and emergency medical crews were immediately dispatched to the scene. Tuesday, Ms. Allemand remained in the hospital unconscious in critical condition and on life support.
Due to a critical loss of brain and organ function, life support was withdrawn today. Ms. Allemand passed away peacefully with her mother, boyfriend, and other life-long friends by her side. As a practicing Christian, Gia did receive the sacrament of last rites.
Loved ones and fans will remember Gia Allemand as a caring woman who loved her family and was well-known for her compassion towards animals and mission to rescue homeless pets.
Funeral arrangements will be forthcoming in another official statement once available. On behalf of the family, we sincerely ask for privacy at this time.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents