Gerard Butler: Surfing Accident Was “A Pretty Close Call”
12:48 pm, January 6th, 2012
Gerard Butler says the surfing accident that left him hospitalized two weeks ago was “a pretty close call.”
Butler was filming a stunt for Of Men and Mavericks when he was pummeled by strong waves and held underwater.
“This was maybe one of the few times that the reports were not exaggerated,” the actor says, explaining that the waves “just took me and I couldn’t get up.”
After he was rescued by a safety patrolman, Butler says he actually wanted to try the stunt again.
He reveals on Saturday’s episode of ”The Graham Norton Show,” “I was actually in the ambulance and wanted to go back, which was a little crazy, but it’s pretty addictive.”
Butler, who was later evaluated at a nearby hospital and found to be in okay condition, says the incident left him better suited for his role in the upcoming film about surfer Jay Moriarty, who died in a free-diving accident in 2001.
“Everything I talked about happening in the movie happened to me,” he says.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- The Plastic Surgery That Changed Lisa Kudrow's Life