Gerard Butler: Surfing Accident Was “A Pretty Close Call”
12:48 pm, January 6th, 2012
Gerard Butler says the surfing accident that left him hospitalized two weeks ago was “a pretty close call.”
Butler was filming a stunt for Of Men and Mavericks when he was pummeled by strong waves and held underwater.
“This was maybe one of the few times that the reports were not exaggerated,” the actor says, explaining that the waves “just took me and I couldn’t get up.”
After he was rescued by a safety patrolman, Butler says he actually wanted to try the stunt again.
He reveals on Saturday’s episode of ”The Graham Norton Show,” “I was actually in the ambulance and wanted to go back, which was a little crazy, but it’s pretty addictive.”
Butler, who was later evaluated at a nearby hospital and found to be in okay condition, says the incident left him better suited for his role in the upcoming film about surfer Jay Moriarty, who died in a free-diving accident in 2001.
“Everything I talked about happening in the movie happened to me,” he says.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 14 Broken Hollywood Engagements
- Paris Hilton Tweets Nasty Article Bashing Kim Kardashian
- Porsha Williams Hits The Club After Posting Bail
- Cold Feet? Brandy Ditches Her Fiance
- Kelly Rowland's Intimate Wedding Details: Beyonce's Not Invited!
- Celebrities You Never Knew Were Cheerleaders
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014