Gerard Butler Hospitalized After Surfing Accident
10:36 am, December 20th, 2011
Gerard Butler had to be rescued from dangerous waves while surfing off the California coast on Sunday.
While filming a stunt for Of Men and Mavericks, the actor was pummeled by strong waves and held underwater.
A safety patrolman aboard a Jet Ski retrieved the star.
Butler was shaken up and taken to the hospital after the incident – but he’s OK.
“He’s fine,” a rep says in a statement. “Very scary. They brought him to Stanford University. More scary than anything. For precaution, we all wanted him checked out after it all happened. Came out with flying colors.”
Of Men and Mavericks is about surfer Jay Moriarty, who died in a free-diving accident in 2001.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank