Gerard Butler Hospitalized After Surfing Accident
10:36 am, December 20th, 2011
Gerard Butler had to be rescued from dangerous waves while surfing off the California coast on Sunday.
While filming a stunt for Of Men and Mavericks, the actor was pummeled by strong waves and held underwater.
A safety patrolman aboard a Jet Ski retrieved the star.
Butler was shaken up and taken to the hospital after the incident – but he’s OK.
“He’s fine,” a rep says in a statement. “Very scary. They brought him to Stanford University. More scary than anything. For precaution, we all wanted him checked out after it all happened. Came out with flying colors.”
Of Men and Mavericks is about surfer Jay Moriarty, who died in a free-diving accident in 2001.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- 30 Scientologists You'll Probably Recognize
- Celebrities Side Business Revealed
- 13 Most Surprising Celebrity Couples
- What Are Celebs Saying About The Grammy Nominations?
- '90s Hairstyles We Thought Were Absolutely Cool
- Kim Kardashian Addresses eBay Auction Donation Controversy
- Is Eiza Gonzalez, Liam Hemsworth's Rebound Girlfriend?
- Kardashian Family Xmas Kards Through the Years
- Is Blake Lively Trying To Revive Her Career?