Gerard Butler Hospitalized After Surfing Accident
10:36 am, December 20th, 2011
Gerard Butler had to be rescued from dangerous waves while surfing off the California coast on Sunday.
While filming a stunt for Of Men and Mavericks, the actor was pummeled by strong waves and held underwater.
A safety patrolman aboard a Jet Ski retrieved the star.
Butler was shaken up and taken to the hospital after the incident – but he’s OK.
“He’s fine,” a rep says in a statement. “Very scary. They brought him to Stanford University. More scary than anything. For precaution, we all wanted him checked out after it all happened. Came out with flying colors.”
Of Men and Mavericks is about surfer Jay Moriarty, who died in a free-diving accident in 2001.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable