George Zimmerman Detained By Cops After Domestic Dispute With Estranged Wife
3:05 pm, September 9th, 2013
George Zimmerman was taken into police custody on Monday after a domestic dispute.
According to law enforcement, Zimmerman had an “altercation” with estranged wife Shellie, who recently filed for divorce, as well as with her father.
Shellie called 911 and initially claimed Zimmerman threateningly put his hand on his gun, and that she and her dad were afraid “he’s gonna shoot us.”
She added that he “punched my dad in the nose” and “smashed” her iPad.
“I don’t know he’s capable of,” said Shellie.
Later, however, Shellie said she did not actually see his gun.
She and her dad also declined to press charges.
Because of Shellie’s turnaround, Zimmerman will not be arrested, say the police.
As you’ll recall, Zimmerman’s trial and acquittal on charges relating to the shooting death of Trayvon Martin riveted the country for much of the summer.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents