Outlets Wrongly Exchange George Clooney Wedding Info
2:11 pm, July 16th, 2010
Italian magazine Chi claims Clooney plans to wed girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis in that country on July 29.
Now the story is being picked up by outlets like the Daily Mail, which mentions it casually towards the end of an article about the actor’s participation in a fraud trial.
It reprints Chi‘s claims that “an ornate gazebo was being built in the grounds of [Clooney's] home villa Oleandra on the shores of Lake Como,” and that “dozens of Hollywood stars were expected at the ceremony.”
So word of a July 29 marriage for Clooney and Canalis is starting to spread — but the rumor is 100% false.
A rep for Clooney tells Gossip Cop wedding talk is “not true.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?