George Clooney To Run For Public Office?
12:59 pm, March 22nd, 2012
“Clooney For President?” reads a headline from Star, which claims “George Clooney could be planning to relocate — straight to the White House.”
A source for the mag says the actor, who was arrested last week for protesting human rights violations outside the Sudanese Embassy in D.C., “has a real interest in politics and an innate need to accomplish more than any present politician is doing.”
The insider adds, “It’s a well-kept secret within his camp that George has been approached about running for office by many people in politics.”
While that very well may be true, the actor himself has said numerous times he has NO interest in becoming a politician.
In the fall, Clooney revealed why he would never want to run for office like his father, Nick, explaining, “I have a very good life and I have a very comfortable existence. If I want to dip my toes in issues involved in politics — like I’m talking about Sudan or Darfur… then I can, and I’m happy to do it and don’t have to compromise as a politician. So I find it to be much nicer where I am.”
A Clooney source tells Gossip Cop his stance on running for public office has not changed since then.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- Shonda Rhimes Says She Didn't Adopt Third Child
- Jennifer Aniston Admits Her "Awkward Phase" Was in Her 30?s
- Ashton Kutcher's Behavior Fuels Mila Kunis Pregnancy Rumors
- The 20 Hottest Male Celebrity Bodies
- Can You Pair The Celeb With Their Signature Smile?
- Ashley Tisdale's Tattoos: Trashy Or Tasteful?