Details From George Clooney’s A-List Fundraiser for President Obama
11:34 am, May 11th, 2012
Tickets to the lavish event, which was catered by celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck, reportedly cost $40,000 per person.
Guests dined on artichoke salad, roasted duckling, as well as lamb cheek and sweet corn tortellini.
In all, Clooney and his famous pals raised nearly $15 million, a record for a single fundraising event, according to the Associated Press.
Referring to the iconic “Hope” poster used during Obama’s 2008 campaign, the President revealed the original photo actually included Clooney.
“This is the first time that George Clooney has ever been photo-shopped out of a picture,” Obama joked to the crowd. “Never happened before, never happen again.”
He also quipped, “We raised a lot of money because people love George. They like me; they love George.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Who's Ashanti's New NFL Baller Boyfriend?