Details From George Clooney’s A-List Fundraiser for President Obama
11:34 am, May 11th, 2012
Tickets to the lavish event, which was catered by celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck, reportedly cost $40,000 per person.
Guests dined on artichoke salad, roasted duckling, as well as lamb cheek and sweet corn tortellini.
In all, Clooney and his famous pals raised nearly $15 million, a record for a single fundraising event, according to the Associated Press.
Referring to the iconic “Hope” poster used during Obama’s 2008 campaign, the President revealed the original photo actually included Clooney.
“This is the first time that George Clooney has ever been photo-shopped out of a picture,” Obama joked to the crowd. “Never happened before, never happen again.”
He also quipped, “We raised a lot of money because people love George. They like me; they love George.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Amanda Bynes' Nose Job Mystery
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- What Does Ariana Grande's Tattoo Mean To Her?
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Easily Achieve 'A-List' Hair Color
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever