George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie”
12:52 pm, July 14th, 2011EXCLUSIVE
George Clooney is blasting widespread reports that he plans to bring a “new girl” to the Venice Film Festival, telling Gossip Cop exclusively that quotes attributed to him in the Italian press and getting picked up worldwide are “a ridiculous lie.”
“The Italian press, from Corriere Della Sera to TGCOM, Ansa, NewNotizie, Sky.it and even Vanity Fair are all running a story that quotes me as saying that I’m bringing a ‘new girl’ to the Venice film festival,” says Clooney.
“I never made that statement and it’s not true.”
“It was made up to sell tabloid magazines,” adds Clooney. “It’s a ridiculous lie and should be corrected as publicly as it was originally written.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet