George Clooney: “I Don’t Give a S**t” About Gay Rumors
1:58 pm, February 29th, 2012
“I think it’s funny, but the last thing you’ll ever see me do is jump up and down, saying, ‘These are lies!’ That would be unfair and unkind to my good friends in the gay community,” says the actor, who is an outspoken proponent of gay marriage.
He continues, “I’m not going to let anyone make it seem like being gay is a bad thing. My private life is private, and I’m very happy in it.”
He goes on, “Who does it hurt if someone thinks I’m gay? I’ll be long dead and there will still be people who say I was gay. I don’t give a s**t.”
The Descendants star says Hollywood has come a long way in terms of how it treats closeted and openly gay stars.
“It’s obviously not the same as if it were the ’50s and ’60s with Rock Hudson. Look at Neil Patrick Harris. He’s a big star on a hit show, and no one’s telling him he can’t play a straight womanizer,” he says.
But the rumors, says Clooney, will always be there.
“You know, you live your life well, you treat people well, and you hope that other people won’t make stories up about you, but they will anyway,” he tells the magazine. “It is what it is.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Rihanna Visits Chris Brown In Anger Management?