George Clooney to enjoy more Foreign Affairs
5:20 pm, June 15th, 2010
George Clooney, who’s had his fair share of foreign relations, including one with current squeeze, Italian stunner Elisabetta Canalis, has just been tapped for (and accepted) a life membership in the nonpartisan think tank, Council on Foreign Relations, which also publishes Foreign Affairs.
Clooney, who has tirelessly drawn attention to the atrocities in Darfur and founded the human rights watch group Not On Our Watch with pals Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, and Don Cheadle, said upon being tapped, ”I look forward to participating in the work and programs of the Council on Foreign Relations. And I hear the initiation ritual is wild.”
The Up in the Air star joins other such notable Council on Foreign Relations members, including former Secretaries of State Colin Powell, Madeleine Albright, and Condoleezza Rice, as well ads news anchors Diane Sawyer, Brian Williams, and Katie Couric.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Vinny Guadagnino: My Mom Is a Star