George Clooney to enjoy more Foreign Affairs
5:20 pm, June 15th, 2010
George Clooney, who’s had his fair share of foreign relations, including one with current squeeze, Italian stunner Elisabetta Canalis, has just been tapped for (and accepted) a life membership in the nonpartisan think tank, Council on Foreign Relations, which also publishes Foreign Affairs.
Clooney, who has tirelessly drawn attention to the atrocities in Darfur and founded the human rights watch group Not On Our Watch with pals Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, and Don Cheadle, said upon being tapped, ”I look forward to participating in the work and programs of the Council on Foreign Relations. And I hear the initiation ritual is wild.”
The Up in the Air star joins other such notable Council on Foreign Relations members, including former Secretaries of State Colin Powell, Madeleine Albright, and Condoleezza Rice, as well ads news anchors Diane Sawyer, Brian Williams, and Katie Couric.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet