George Clooney Arrested for Sudan Protest
10:58 am, March 16th, 2012VIDEO
George Clooney was arrested on Friday during a protest in front of Sudan’s embassy in Washington, D.C.
The actor, along with other activists including his father Nick and Martin Luther King III, had gathered in front of the building to demand action against Sudanese president Omar al-Bashir, whom they accuse of triggering a humanitarian crisis.
Law enforcement warned protesters three times not to remain on the wrong side of a police line outside the embassy.
When they refused to budge, Clooney and the others were cuffed and taken into custody.
Beforehand, Clooney spoke with reporters about the violence plaguing the region and the Sudanese government’s blockage of food and aid from entering the country.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- Miley Severed Justin & Selena's Relationship
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- 50 Pics Of Hollywood's Most Adorable Couples