George Clooney Arrested for Sudan Protest
10:58 am, March 16th, 2012VIDEO
George Clooney was arrested on Friday during a protest in front of Sudan’s embassy in Washington, D.C.
The actor, along with other activists including his father Nick and Martin Luther King III, had gathered in front of the building to demand action against Sudanese president Omar al-Bashir, whom they accuse of triggering a humanitarian crisis.
Law enforcement warned protesters three times not to remain on the wrong side of a police line outside the embassy.
When they refused to budge, Clooney and the others were cuffed and taken into custody.
Beforehand, Clooney spoke with reporters about the violence plaguing the region and the Sudanese government’s blockage of food and aid from entering the country.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution