Garth Brooks Awarded $1 Million In Lawsuit Against Hospital Over Misused Donation
8:00 pm, January 24th, 2012
Attorneys for the singer argued that, in 2005, the Integris Canadian Valley Regional Hospital in Yukon had wooed him to make a large donation in return for naming a building after his late mother – but the project never materialized.
The hospital countered that the two parties had never agreed on what the money would be used for, and planned to distribute the funds as it saw fit.
But jurors agreed with Brooks, awarding him his $500,000 back – plus another $500,000 in punitive damages.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?