Garth Brooks Awarded $1 Million In Lawsuit Against Hospital Over Misused Donation
8:00 pm, January 24th, 2012
Attorneys for the singer argued that, in 2005, the Integris Canadian Valley Regional Hospital in Yukon had wooed him to make a large donation in return for naming a building after his late mother – but the project never materialized.
The hospital countered that the two parties had never agreed on what the money would be used for, and planned to distribute the funds as it saw fit.
But jurors agreed with Brooks, awarding him his $500,000 back – plus another $500,000 in punitive damages.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage