Gangster Squad Release Pushed Back for Reshoots After Dark Knight Shooting
9:38 pm, July 25th, 2012
Warner Bros. announced on Wednesday that it has pushed back the release of Gangster Squad by several months in light of last week’s tragic killings during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, the movie – which was originally slated to open September 7 – features a scene showing a movie theater killing spree similar to the one that tragically played out in Aurora, Colorado last Friday.
Warner Bros. initially pulled the trailers that featured the controversial scene, but has since decided to re-shoot that part of the movie entirely.
Consequently, the film will now be released January 11, 2013.
Meanwhile, Summit has opted to not to cut a scene in Step Up Revolution, opening Friday, in which dancers burst into a room wearing gas masks and body vests, and threaten to throw gas grenades.
What do you think of the movie studios’ decisions?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?