Gal Gadot: 5 Things To Know About Wonder Woman From ‘Batman V Superman’ (PHOTOS)
Gal Gadot steps into the spotlight in a big way on Friday when Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice opens. Now, Gossip Cop takes a look at five things to know about the actress. Find out more details about Gadot below.
(1) The 30-year-old Israeli actress got her start in the beauty pageant world. In 2004, she was crowned Miss Israel, and represented her country at the 2004 Miss Universe pageant.
(2) Gadot, who served in the Israel Defense Force for two years, beginning when she was 18, is very proud of her background. “I definitely have a strong sense of my Jewish and Israeli identity,” she told the website Totally Jewish in 2011. “I was brought up in a very Jewish, Israeli family environment, so of course my heritage is very important to me. I want people to have a good impression of Israel,” she added.
(3) The actress originally intended to be a lawyer. But following the Miss Universe pageant, she got her action film start alongside Dwayne Johnson, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker as Gisele in four of the Fast & Furious movies. She also had a small role in Tom Cruise’s Knight And Day and a cameo on “Entourage.” According to Batman v Superman director Zack Snyder, “Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality,” making her perfect for Wonder Woman.
(4) Gadot loves how her character is portrayed in the movie. “For [‘Batman v Superman’] it was important for me that we show how independent she is. She is not relying on a man, and she’s not there because of a love story. She’s not there to serve someone else. She has so many strengths and powers, but at the end of the day she’s a woman with a lot of emotional intelligence. She’s loving, and it’s all her heart, that’s her strength,” she told Glamour in April.
(5) The stunner will continue to play Wonder Woman in at least three more movies. First, she will go back in time and star in a standalone origin film about the Amazonian princess with Chris Pine, which is slated to debut in June 2017. Later the same year in November, Gadot will return in The Justice League: Part I with Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, and then a second installment of Justice League in 2019. Also, don’t be surprised if her character appears in other future Batman and Superman standalone films. See photos of Gadot’s stunning red carpet style below.