Gabrielle Union: I Lost Scandal Role To Kerry Washington
3:03 pm, July 2nd, 2013VIDEO
Gabrielle Union says she was this close to landing the coveted role of Olivia Pope in “Scandal.”
But the Bring It On star tells the Associated Press she has no hard feelings about losing out on the part to Kerry Washington.
Union reveals,”I said to myself, ‘Oh my God, these roles are out there.’ It showed me that you don’t have to settle.”
The actress shares, “Luckily, the success of her and the show bred more work. Just from the audition process, I knew that I couldn’t go backward.”
And she was right.
Union went on to score the starring role in BET’s Being Mary Jane, in which she plays a successful TV anchor trying to juggle her family and romantic relationships.
The movie premieres on July 2, and will then be turned into a TV series next winter (watch preview below.)
Union says, “I didn’t get ‘Scandal,’ but I got something better — which is my own show.”
Check out a preview of Union’s new movie below!
Can you imagine “Scandal” with anyone other than Washington?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents