Gabrielle Union: I Lost Scandal Role To Kerry Washington
3:03 pm, July 2nd, 2013VIDEO
Gabrielle Union says she was this close to landing the coveted role of Olivia Pope in “Scandal.”
But the Bring It On star tells the Associated Press she has no hard feelings about losing out on the part to Kerry Washington.
Union reveals,”I said to myself, ‘Oh my God, these roles are out there.’ It showed me that you don’t have to settle.”
The actress shares, “Luckily, the success of her and the show bred more work. Just from the audition process, I knew that I couldn’t go backward.”
And she was right.
Union went on to score the starring role in BET’s Being Mary Jane, in which she plays a successful TV anchor trying to juggle her family and romantic relationships.
The movie premieres on July 2, and will then be turned into a TV series next winter (watch preview below.)
Union says, “I didn’t get ‘Scandal,’ but I got something better — which is my own show.”
Check out a preview of Union’s new movie below!
Can you imagine “Scandal” with anyone other than Washington?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Christian Bale & Woody Harrelson Share The Screen
- Rihanna Visits Chris Brown In Anger Management?
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- An Unforgettable One Direction Game!
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Match Up!: What Pup Belongs To Which Celeb?