Gabrielle Union Stopped By Airport Security For Hair Weave
6:42 pm, February 10th, 2012
Gabrielle Union had a hair-raising experience at the airport this week.
The actress got a patted down because of her… weave.
“Ma weave got ‘flagged’ by the bodyscan at security,” tweeted Union. “TSA required a hair patdown. No lie… they coulda just asked if it was the temple hair.”
She continued, “If human hair & thread sets off the body scanner… a lot of folks jus ended up on the ‘watch list.’”
“It’s a weave not terrorism,” wrote Union, who dates NBA star Dwyane Wade.
After making it through the security snafu, she still had her sense of humor when she settled into her flight, tweeting, ”Bout to take off… hopefully my weave doesn’t cause turbulence… its clearly very powerful :).”
We’re happy to report: Union and her weave landed safely.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?