Gabrielle Giffords Breathing on Her Own
5:25 pm, January 15th, 2011
One week after a gunman shot her in the head, U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is breathing on her own.
On Saturday, doctors performed a tracheotomy on the congresswoman, inserting a breathing tube and allowing them to remove her from the ventilator she’s used since the attempt on her life.
Giffords remains in critical condition, although medical professionals at University Medical Center have been very happy with her recovery in recent days.
Jared Lee Loughner killed six people and wounded 13 others when he opened fire during a Giffords event in Tucson last weekend.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage