Gabrielle Giffords Breathing on Her Own
5:25 pm, January 15th, 2011
One week after a gunman shot her in the head, U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is breathing on her own.
On Saturday, doctors performed a tracheotomy on the congresswoman, inserting a breathing tube and allowing them to remove her from the ventilator she’s used since the attempt on her life.
Giffords remains in critical condition, although medical professionals at University Medical Center have been very happy with her recovery in recent days.
Jared Lee Loughner killed six people and wounded 13 others when he opened fire during a Giffords event in Tucson last weekend.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?