WATCH: Freddie Combs, 540 Pounds, Shocks & Amazes Judges on X Factor
9:15 pm, September 27th, 2012VIDEO
Freddie Combs shocked the judges with his obesity on Thursday’s “X Factor” — and then shocked them again with his unbelievable voice.
The minister, who said he previously weighed 920 pounds and is now down to 540, sang “Wind Beneath My Wings” while bound to his wheelchair.
“I found your voice amazingly shocking,” Britney Spears told him afterward.
Demi Lovato told Combs he “touched” her when he sang, noting, “You really do have a strong, beautiful voice.”
Simon Cowell was impressed, too, but unwilling to move forward unless Combs committed to a more healthy lifestyle.
“When I heard you sing, I had a vision in my mind of you standing, singing that song, healthy, happy, and maybe you need some inspiration to help you to the next stage,” he told Combs.
The contestant agreed to do his part, and found another supporter in L.A. Reid, who called his voice “heavenly.”
“If you stand, I’m going to stand right by you,” Reid told him.
Check out the moving video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Reese Witherspoon Goes Back to Her Signature Look
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Selena Never Focused On Jelena Attention
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled