WATCH: Freddie Combs, 540 Pounds, Shocks & Amazes Judges on X Factor
9:15 pm, September 27th, 2012VIDEO
Freddie Combs shocked the judges with his obesity on Thursday’s “X Factor” — and then shocked them again with his unbelievable voice.
The minister, who said he previously weighed 920 pounds and is now down to 540, sang “Wind Beneath My Wings” while bound to his wheelchair.
“I found your voice amazingly shocking,” Britney Spears told him afterward.
Demi Lovato told Combs he “touched” her when he sang, noting, “You really do have a strong, beautiful voice.”
Simon Cowell was impressed, too, but unwilling to move forward unless Combs committed to a more healthy lifestyle.
“When I heard you sing, I had a vision in my mind of you standing, singing that song, healthy, happy, and maybe you need some inspiration to help you to the next stage,” he told Combs.
The contestant agreed to do his part, and found another supporter in L.A. Reid, who called his voice “heavenly.”
“If you stand, I’m going to stand right by you,” Reid told him.
Check out the moving video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- An Unforgettable One Direction Game!
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look