Fred Armisen: “I Was A Terrible Husband”
2:39 pm, January 8th, 2013
Fred Armisen opened up about his rocky relationship history in a recent interview with Howard Stern.
The “Saturday Night Live” and “Portlandia” star split up with “Mad Men” actress Elisabeth Moss just eight months after their wedding, and Moss later had less than flattering things to say about her ex.
In an interview, Moss said of Amisen, ”The greatest impersonation he does is that of a normal person.”
Speaking with Stern, Armisen admitted to being a lousy partner.
“I think I was a terrible husband,” said the comedian. “I think I’m a terrible boyfriend.”
Armisen explained that in many of his past relationships, including an earlier marriage to singer Sally Timms and a post-Moss romance with fellow “SNL” cast member Abby Elliott, he goes into the coupling with an intensity he just can’t maintain.
“I think I get very caught up in the beginning, I want it all — fast.,” Amrisen told Stern. “I want to be married… and then somewhere around a year, two years, I get freaked out [emotionally].”
He continued, “I actually feel like, ‘Oh my God, who’s this stranger in the house?… Who is this person?’”
“I feel bad for everyone I’ve gone out with,” declared Armisen, who says he’s currently single and trying to get better at “not making promises right away.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet