Despicable Me 2 Lighting Up Fourth of July Holiday Weekend Box Office
4:31 pm, July 4th, 2013HOLIDAY BOX OFFICE
Despicable Me 2, the sequel to 2010 family film, is lighting up the July 4th holiday box office.
The movie — featuring the voices of Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig, and Miranda Cosgrove — took in $34.3 million in its Wednesday opening, the third-highest ever for an animated film, and the eighth-highest Wednesday opening ever.
It’s now on track for a projected $120 million total over the five-day holiday weekend.
Trailing in second based on Wednesday’s numbers is The Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer, which earned a reported $9.6 million.
Rounding out the top five so far are Monsters University ($5.4 million), The Heat ($5.2 million), and the new Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain ($4.7 million).
Gossip Cop will continue to update throughout the holiday weekend.
What are you seeing this July Fourth?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years