Despicable Me 2 Lighting Up Fourth of July Holiday Weekend Box Office
4:31 pm, July 4th, 2013HOLIDAY BOX OFFICE
Despicable Me 2, the sequel to 2010 family film, is lighting up the July 4th holiday box office.
The movie — featuring the voices of Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig, and Miranda Cosgrove — took in $34.3 million in its Wednesday opening, the third-highest ever for an animated film, and the eighth-highest Wednesday opening ever.
It’s now on track for a projected $120 million total over the five-day holiday weekend.
Trailing in second based on Wednesday’s numbers is The Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer, which earned a reported $9.6 million.
Rounding out the top five so far are Monsters University ($5.4 million), The Heat ($5.2 million), and the new Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain ($4.7 million).
Gossip Cop will continue to update throughout the holiday weekend.
What are you seeing this July Fourth?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids