Forte Gets Standing Ovation for Amazing West Side Story Cover on AGT (VIDEO)
10:36 pm, July 30th, 2013VIDEO
Forte, the trio of singers who made their worldwide debut on “America’s Got Talent,” received a standing ovation for their quarterfinals performance at Radio City Music Hall on Tuesday.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, the operatic group met online shortly before their first audition and blew away the judges with their first-ever performance.
They then swapped one member before the Las Vegas round.
But with “Somewhere (There’s A Place For Us)” from West Side Story, the new and improved Forte seemed like they’ve been together forever.
“I gotta say boys, quality, quality talent. I feel like we went around the country, we found you, we done a good job,” Howard Stern said afterward, adding, “Man, did you hit it out of the park!”
Heidi Klum commended the three for doing “the song justice,” and filling such a massive venue with their powerful voices, but Mel B went on to voice some concerns.
“I was the only one who didn’t stand,” she acknowledged, predicting that America would be “divided” by the “over-the-top dramatic” performance.
The criticism prompted Stern to yell at her, “Then get off the panel!” and Howie Mandel quickly noted that he, too, disagreed with her.
“What’s amazing about you is even the story. The fact that you don’t know each other, the fact that you aren’t seasoned, the fact you met online,” said the judge, noting, “You guys are going to become a household name… I think there is a place for you, and it’s in the Top 10.”
Check out the video below, and tell us what you think!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too