Forbes Most Overpaid Movie Stars of 2012
4:08 pm, December 4th, 2012PHOTOS
Forbes has released its list of Hollywood’s 10 Most Overpaid Actors of 2012, and Eddie Murphy has landed on top of the heap.
The magazine gathered its data by comparing the actors’ salaries for their last three films with Box Office grosses and studio budgets.
Forbes estimates that for every $1 Murphy made for his last three movies (Imagine That, A Thousand Words and Meet Dave), the films earned an average of $2.30.
After Murphy comes Katherine Heigl, whose last movie One For the Money earned only $37 million for its $40 million budget.
Ranking at number three on the list is Reese Witherspoon.
Despite her popularity and success, Witherspoon’s rom-com How Do You Know was one of the worst performing films of 2010.
Her most recent movie, This Means War, was also a flop.
Sandra Bullock is also surprisingly on the list.
Check out the gallery below!
And for a more in-depth explanation of the methodology and how each of the stars found his or herself on the list, log on to Forbes.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet