Forbes Most Overpaid Movie Stars of 2012
4:08 pm, December 4th, 2012PHOTOS
Forbes has released its list of Hollywood’s 10 Most Overpaid Actors of 2012, and Eddie Murphy has landed on top of the heap.
The magazine gathered its data by comparing the actors’ salaries for their last three films with Box Office grosses and studio budgets.
Forbes estimates that for every $1 Murphy made for his last three movies (Imagine That, A Thousand Words and Meet Dave), the films earned an average of $2.30.
After Murphy comes Katherine Heigl, whose last movie One For the Money earned only $37 million for its $40 million budget.
Ranking at number three on the list is Reese Witherspoon.
Despite her popularity and success, Witherspoon’s rom-com How Do You Know was one of the worst performing films of 2010.
Her most recent movie, This Means War, was also a flop.
Sandra Bullock is also surprisingly on the list.
Check out the gallery below!
And for a more in-depth explanation of the methodology and how each of the stars found his or herself on the list, log on to Forbes.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Rihanna Visits Chris Brown In Anger Management?
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair