Fontella Bass, ‘Rescue Me’ Singer, Dies
1:13 pm, December 27th, 2012
Fontella Bass, best known for her 1965 hit “Rescue Me,” has passed away.
She was 72.
The soul singer died in Missouri of complications from a heart attack, according to her family.
Bass also earned success with songs such as ”You’ll Miss Me (When I’m Gone)” and “Don’t Mess Up a Good Thing.”
She’s survived by her four children.
Check out video of Bass singing “Rescue Me” below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids