Fontella Bass, ‘Rescue Me’ Singer, Dies
1:13 pm, December 27th, 2012
Fontella Bass, best known for her 1965 hit “Rescue Me,” has passed away.
She was 72.
The soul singer died in Missouri of complications from a heart attack, according to her family.
Bass also earned success with songs such as ”You’ll Miss Me (When I’m Gone)” and “Don’t Mess Up a Good Thing.”
She’s survived by her four children.
Check out video of Bass singing “Rescue Me” below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- The Top 15 Messiest Celebrity Family Feuds
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?