Fontella Bass, ‘Rescue Me’ Singer, Dies
1:13 pm, December 27th, 2012
Fontella Bass, best known for her 1965 hit “Rescue Me,” has passed away.
She was 72.
The soul singer died in Missouri of complications from a heart attack, according to her family.
Bass also earned success with songs such as ”You’ll Miss Me (When I’m Gone)” and “Don’t Mess Up a Good Thing.”
She’s survived by her four children.
Check out video of Bass singing “Rescue Me” below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage