Fifty Shades of Grey Brings Social Network Producers On Board for Movie Adaptation
9:40 am, July 10th, 2012
Fifty Shades of Grey is moving closer and closer to the big screen.
On Tuesday, it was announced that Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti, who produced The Social Network, will re-team to bring the bestselling “mommy porn” novel to cinematic life.
The film is being made for Universal, which purchased the rights to E L James’ trilogy back in March.
“At its core, Fifty Shades of Grey is a complex love story, requiring a delicate and sophisticated hand to bring it to the big screen,” said the studio in a statement. “Mike and Dana’s credits more than exemplify what we need in creative partners, and we’re glad to have them as part of our team.”
James herself is also pleased with the decision.
The author says she’s “thrilled that Mike has joined Team Fifty. He brings a passion for and in-depth understanding of the characters and story and a wealth of experience in making quality films.
Fifty Shades centers on the intense, dominant-submissive erotic relationship between a college student named Anastasia Steele and young billionaire Christian Grey.
Rumors about casting (Ian Somerhalder, Alexander Skarsgard, etc.) have been flying for months, but no one has yet been picked to fill the lead roles.
But with producers in place, those decisions will now start to happen.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together