4th Anniversary of Perez Hilton (Wrongly) Declaring Fidel Castro Dead
12:46 pm, August 25th, 2011
We’re a day late, but Happy Anniversary, Perez Hilton!
Back in August 2007, the blogger infamously posted an exclusive claiming Fidel Castro had died.
“Sources reveal exclusively to PerezHilton.com that U.S. officials will be holding a press conference shortly to announce the death of Cuban dictator Fidel Castro,” he announced.
We’re, um, still waiting for that press conference.
The funniest part about Hilton’s “reporting” that day was that he later doubled (and quadrupled) down on his 100% wrong bet.
“The announcement of Fidel Castro’s death will be made at approximately 4:00 P.M. Eastern, PerezHilton.com has just been updated exclusively,” wrote the blogger in an update.
After being proven wrong, a defiant Hilton posted a third story claiming Castro was dead.
It’s now four years later.
Fidel Castro is still alive.
Perez Hilton is still dead wrong.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair