‘Family Guy’ and ‘American Dad’ Episodes Pulled Following School Shooting
12:16 pm, December 15th, 2012
FOX has pulled Sunday’s new episodes of “Family Guy” and “American Dad” in the wake of Friday’s shooting massacre in Connecticut.
The network indicated that the decision was made to avoid airing potentially sensitive content so soon after the tragedy at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, CT.
Repeats of both “Family Guy” and “American Dad” will be aired instead.
In April 2011, hurricane-themed crossover episodes of the animates series were postponed after real-life storms ravaged America earlier in the week.
On Friday, a gunman killed 27 people — including 20 children — at the school in Newtown.
In the aftermath of the tragedy, Syfy pulled a school violence-centered episode of “Haven” from broadcast, and Paramount postponed Saturday’s premiere of the Tom Cruise movie Jack Reacher in Pittsburgh.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired