Eyewitness account of glass roof shattering on Chris Noth, Snooki and Vinny Guadagnino
10:22 am, February 28th, 2010EXCLUSIVE ACCOUNT
“Jersey Shore” stars Snooki and Vinny Guadagnino, as well as “Sex and the City” star Chris Noth probably didn’t intend to bring the roof down at a party celebrating the Jewish holiday of Purim, but it came down anyway over approximately 300 revelers at the Sony Building in New York City last night.
At around 11:10 p.m., as costumed partygoers were getting down to the music, “there was a crack sound, then a thud,” attendee Dorian Levy told Gossip Cop. Next thing he knew, Snooki, Guadagnino, Noth and others had glass raining down on them from the ceiling above.
Snooki tweeted right afterwards, “Omg roof just collapsed at the purim event! We thought the dj was beatin the beat hardcore but nope,the roof couldn’t handle snooki and vin.”
And Guadagnino jokingly tweeted, “Roof just collapsed at Purim event…. I think me and @snooki felt the wrath for not being Jewish.”
But what actually happened was that snow, built up this past week on the building’s windowed roof, which had caused the ceiling to give way, sending glass down on the partygoers.
“No one knew what it was,” said Levy, who noted there were “no major shards,” just little pieces that people initially “thought was candy.”
Although the streets around the Sony Building were shut down, and the police and fire departments responded “as if it were a national emergency,” said Levy, no one was seriously injured.
Had it not been for the presence of celebs like Noth, Guadagnino and Snooki, felt Levy, it would have received “one line in the newspaper.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for the latest in accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!