Exclusive: Ashlee Simpson to begin Broadway run in “Chicago” in December
1:39 am, November 9th, 2009EXCLUSIVE!
UPDATE: Ashlee Simpson‘s run has been extended from 6 weeks to 10 weeks.
Gossip Cop can confirm that Ashlee Simpson will be reprising the role of Roxie Hart in the Broadway production of “Chicago.”
Simpson, whose character recently wrapped on the TV show “Melrose Place,” starred in “Chicago” in 2006 in London’s West End, where she received good notices.
According to an inside source, Simpson will begin her Broadway run in December and perform for six weeks.
That same insider tells Gossip Cop that Fran and Barry Weissler, the show’s producers, were really pleased with Simpson’s performance in London, and had wanted her for some time to reprise the role.
This will mark Simpson’s Broadway debut.
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?