Exclusive: Ashlee Simpson to begin Broadway run in “Chicago” in December
1:39 am, November 9th, 2009EXCLUSIVE!
UPDATE: Ashlee Simpson‘s run has been extended from 6 weeks to 10 weeks.
Gossip Cop can confirm that Ashlee Simpson will be reprising the role of Roxie Hart in the Broadway production of “Chicago.”
Simpson, whose character recently wrapped on the TV show “Melrose Place,” starred in “Chicago” in 2006 in London’s West End, where she received good notices.
According to an inside source, Simpson will begin her Broadway run in December and perform for six weeks.
That same insider tells Gossip Cop that Fran and Barry Weissler, the show’s producers, were really pleased with Simpson’s performance in London, and had wanted her for some time to reprise the role.
This will mark Simpson’s Broadway debut.
You might like:
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Pamela Anderson Debuts Super Short Haircut