Exclusive: Ashlee Simpson to begin Broadway run in “Chicago” in December
1:39 am, November 9th, 2009EXCLUSIVE!
UPDATE: Ashlee Simpson‘s run has been extended from 6 weeks to 10 weeks.
Gossip Cop can confirm that Ashlee Simpson will be reprising the role of Roxie Hart in the Broadway production of “Chicago.”
Simpson, whose character recently wrapped on the TV show “Melrose Place,” starred in “Chicago” in 2006 in London’s West End, where she received good notices.
According to an inside source, Simpson will begin her Broadway run in December and perform for six weeks.
That same insider tells Gossip Cop that Fran and Barry Weissler, the show’s producers, were really pleased with Simpson’s performance in London, and had wanted her for some time to reprise the role.
This will mark Simpson’s Broadway debut.
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Celebrity Dog Choices That Surprised Us
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids