Evelyn Lozada Breaks Silence: I Left Chad Ochocinco to “Protect Myself” (VIDEO)
7:22 pm, August 31st, 2012VIDEO
As Gossip Cop previously reported, the football player was arrested on August 11 for allegedly headbutting Lozada, who consequently had to go to the emergency room for stitches.
In an interview airing on “Nightline” on Friday, Lozada said she is divorcing her husband of less than two months to keep herself safe.
“It’s the hardest thing in the world to walk away from someone that you really love,” she says. “But you have to walk away because I have to protect myself.”
Admitting she is “afraid” of Ochocinco, Lozada says, “I don’t think any woman should ever have to feel like that or be fearful of her husband.”
Still, the former “Basketball Wives” star describes Ochocinco’s alleged actions as simply “a bad choice,” and says she “feel[s] bad for him.”
“He’s a good guy that made a bad choice. He loves football and he’s very driven and a great dad,” she explains. “He made a bad choice that destroyed his life, and I hate that I’m connected to that.”
Lozada adds that she “believes” Ochocinco loves her, but also thinks “he needs to get help.”
The former couple, whose VH1 reality show “Ev & Ocho” was canceled after Ochocinco’s arrest, have not spoken since the incident, Lozada says, and she hasn’t returned to their home.
Check out video from the “Nightline” interview below.
What do you think of Lozada’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?