Evan Rachel Wood Slams Tabloid Culture: “We Should Have Higher Standards”
1:05 pm, March 14th, 2013
Evan Rachel Wood is once again slamming media intrusion.
Last month, the pregnant actress blasted paparazzi after a photographer snapped shots of her baby’s ultrasound picture.
On Thursday, Wood took to Twitter, first wishing her husband Jamie Bell a happy birthday, and then turning her attention to the press.
“Fyi. No one knows the sex of our baby. No one. I am hearing rumors there will be reports of the sex but its truly based off nothing. Sorry,” began the star.
Wood then wrote, “The fact that we live in a world which condones the stripping of basic human rights (dignity, privacy, etc) of people because of their status, is very sad to me. We should have higher standards for ourselves as people and a society,” adding, ”Especially when children are involved.”
“Please remember that before you pick up a tabloid,” continued the actress. “Don’t fuel the fire or promote the bullying and ridicule of your fellow man.”
What do you think about Wood’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank