Evan Rachel Wood Makes “Joke” About Miley Cyrus Being “Gay,” Gets Backlash
9:12 pm, August 23rd, 2012
Wood’s original tweet, which has since been deleted, suggested Cyrus’ new haircut fits in with her theory that the singer-actress might secretly be into women.
“I called it! Miley cyrus is leaning toward gay,” Wood tweeted after Cyrus debuted her new look earlier this month.
It seems many were not pleased with Wood’s comment, forcing the actress to clarify her remark on Thursday night, and insist that she was only joking.
“I myself am bisexual and have always ‘joked’ about miley giving me gay vibes. Not a bad thing! Just an observation,” Wood tweeted.
She continued, “So i ‘joked’ when she cut her hair that it supported my case. But, i am not so close minded or into stereotypes or labeling. It was a joke.”
Wood added that she “could care less what gender she was attracted to But dont hate me for supporting her in whatever She chooses. Its all fine by me.”
Cyrus herself doesn’t seem to be too bothered by the controversy, tweeting that Wood’s explanation was “well said!”
The starlet then added, “Let’s be friends.”
What do you think of Wood’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank