Esther Williams Dead: Swimmer Turned Hollywood Star Dies at 91
1:22 pm, June 6th, 2013
Esther Williams, the swimming champion turned Hollywood star, has died.
She was 91.
Her publicist says Williams passed away in her sleep early Thursday.
Following a successful stint as a competitive swimmer, Williams became one of the biggest movie musical stars of the 1940s and 1950s.
She was featured in films including Neptune’s Daughter, Dangerous When Wet, and Easy to Wed, part of a string of spectaculars that frequently mixed extravagant musical numbers with aquatic themes.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted